Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter fun

I am way behind and before I can explain why I have to get these pictures up or I know it will never get done and I want to remember.  Whew how was that for a run on sentence?  We had so much fun over the Easter weekend. On Fri Parker had an Easter egg hunt at school. Sat we were over at the annual Fowler Easter egg hunt – totally a tradition for our family now.  The kids look forward to it every year. The actual hunting takes about 10 seconds,  then they take the loot and sit on the retaining wall with their friends eating candy and waiting for Bishop Fowler to bring out his Easter cookies!  The kids are getting so big I had to keep myself from getting all emo about their self sufficiency!  It was so fun to watch them.  Danny’s Mom sent us the new gospel art kit and it is amazing.  All of the old 70’s pictures have been updated and they added new art from Simon Dewey and my Favorite Liz Lemon Swindle.  I don’t know how I ever did Scripture study with the kids without it.  I was amazed at how much they knew and what they could tell me from just looking at the pictures.  We started talking about the Atonement a couple of weeks before Easter because I really wanted them to understand that there is a reason for the holiday and it’s not a bunny with candy( as much as we love him!)  I was rewarded with some pretty adorable conversations and a sweet spirit in my home that I CANNOT live without!  Thanks Nana!  The boys received  their very own scriptures(book of Mormon) from the Easter bunny and I am pretty sure they told every person at church that would listen!  They were so excited and Kaden announced it was the BEST Easter ever!

DSC_0478 DSC_0480 DSC_0486

 

DSC_0494 DSC_0504 DSC_0506

DSC_0508 DSC_0509 DSC_0514

DSC_0522 DSC_0530 DSC_0538

DSC_0549 DSC_0562 DSC_0564

There is no Easter morning picture of Parker because he wouldn’t sit still long enough to get a non blurry one! 

3 comments:

Linda said...

Cute post!

d.c.r.k.soptich said...

I love the look on Brinlee's face in the first one with Asher...priceless

Jeremy Saunders said...

oh how i miss the fowler easter egg hunts! I am so glad she is still doing them! I actually have a pic of Jared and Aidan at 14 months in the very same back yard! I should post it for Linda! Great pics!
mimi