Monday, June 29, 2009

Grandma Great

We had so much fun visiting with Gramma Great last week!  We don’t get to see her as often as we would like so it’s always nice to have her here for a while.  I got a chance to sit and chat with her about some genealogy stories and the kids really enjoyed asking her to “watch” everything they did! 

 DSC_0491DSC_0492

We also went out to Dugualla Bay Farms the other day and picked LOTS and LOTS of strawberries and I jumped into my very first adventure in canning!  We now have strawberry jam and strawberry syrup – much to my husbands delight!

 DSC_0495DSC_0500 DSC_0499

Now I am all irritated that the fruit from the east side isn’t ready until Sept…. don’t they know I will be WAY too busy with kids and school stuff then to can?  ARGH!

3 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Wow - that much strawberry jam and syrup for your first time - that's great! Don't forget to write those stories down - you think you'll remember, but details have a way of leaking out of your brain. :P

d.c.r.k.soptich said...

Thanks for the invite to the Grandma Great party...mmmhmmmm

Linda said...

impressive! Why didn't you invite me to go strawberry picking?