Monday, May 11, 2009

Aloha

So Uncle Mike and Aunt Crystal brought back some killer gifts for us from Hawaii and gave them to the kiddos today.  Craziness ensued.  Would you expect any thing else?  Kaden got to play the ukulele first, followed by Parker, who then returned it (albeit reluctantly) to kaden.  All of this going on of course while I am dressing my two year old in a grass skirt and coconut bra.  Kaden played while Brinlee danced…

DSC_0001 DSC_0004 DSC_0005

DSC_0007 DSC_0009 DSC_0015

She danced…while trying to take the aforementioned ukulele from Kaden.  She of course ignored my “helpful” hints about how a distracted dancer does not a peaceful hula make.

DSC_0013 DSC_0016 DSC_0025

Her darn hibiscus kept falling out as well.  Then she finally snagged the instrument from Kaden – who was of course upset, until I told him he could “trade” her and wear the hula outfit. . . DEAL!

DSC_0034 DSC_0035 DSC_0038

So I did what any loving, nurturing mother would do.  I tied my sons coconut bra and taught him the hula.  Yes I know one, no I will not teach it at the next relief society enrichment night. Ahem.   So Brinlee played while Kaden danced – and danced well I might add.

DSC_0040 DSC_0042 DSC_0043

DSC_0046 DSC_0063 DSC_0069

DSC_0076 DSC_0081 DSC_0079

Meanwhile Parker was doing this:

DSC_0072

because it is incredibly hard to wait your turn around here.  Now before you think I am a horrible parent, all of this took place in a matter of minutes of course, Parker whining all the while.  Then he yelled…and got sent to his room.  Where he slammed the door.  And screamed at his mother.  And the dancing continued.

DSC_0083 DSC_0084 DSC_0080

After we were through with our hula I made my way (camera in hand) back to talk with my sweet son about his “unacceptable” behavior.  He took one look at the camera and hid under his bed.  I told him that if he was going to throw a fit, I was going to document it so that I could make a poster and take it to Mrs. Williams kindergarten class and hang it on the wall.  He climbed out from under the bed, but the fit continued.  Until I started showing him the photos of his crazy self and then he couldn’t help but laugh, a little.  I believe I have found at least a tiny incentive for him to stop the fits.  I hope I never have to follow through with that threat!

DSC_0090 DSC_0105

DSC_0113 DSC_0114 DSC_0115

Danny was gifted a fancy aloha shirt, and my sister made good on her promise to pick me up a new BYUH sweatshirt and t shirt to replaced the deceased…

She then presented me with her favorite gift.  A muumuu. which apparently I will be wearing…to church…next Sunday.  This is the deal that was struck in order to get my sweatshirt and t shirt.  More on that later.

8 comments:

Chivaun-o-rama said...

C'mon...muumuu's are sexy! hehehehe

Your kids are a riot! Nice pictures...especially the tantrum ones...

I have some when I was little where I was upset, and wouldn't smile, so they took the picture anyways...*sigh* I was a brat..LOL! They are the worst type of blackmail. ;)

Calley said...

Ahhhh, I'm dying! The hula pictures, the tender piece of drool on Parkers lip in the last picture. And you in a mumuu. I'm dying. And I died at that email you sent me yesterday. I'm so glad my eyebrow trick left an impression on someone. Tyson just does the Luke headshake every time he sees it. But, for you my friend, anytime :)
Best pictures in this post!

Crystal said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice future blackmail photos! They are such good sports and so cute!

Calley said...

P.S. is Brinlee wearing Keens?? My dad would be so proud of her. He loves Keen's women shoes.

Jeremy Saunders said...

lol i loved this post! in his defense, where was his gift?
mimi--who used to be called muumuu by certain classmates

cat said...

what a fun post! i am dying over the coconut bra on BOTH of your kids.

mamamia said...

Are you going to post your pic in your mumu? Midge