Tuesday, May 05, 2009

This is the way we…

Pick up parker from school.  Last week the weather was so nice that we walked pretty much all week.  I would load up Brin and kaden and the lunch I packed for them into the double jogger and Parker straps on his big boy backpack and walks with me.  We drop him off and then I take the other two on a run (hence the food, if there is nothing to feed him, Kaden will talk to me the entire time-which would normally be ok, just not when I’m hoofing my huge behind up a hill pushing 55 pounds of toddler in a big jogging stroller!)

When we get home I put them down for a “rest”( we don’t use the word nap in this house), and I get a few things done until its time to go get Parker.  Because he is in Kindergarten, I have to be waiting outside his classroom and the teacher has to have eye contact with me before she will release him.  So the kiddos and I wait, and this is what it looks like!

DSC_0016 DSC_0017 DSC_0019

Kaden picks me lots of dandelions and brings me big bouquets of them! Then we blow the “wishers” all over.  I’m sure the grounds keeper appreciates us.

DSC_0021

Then he stares longingly into the classroom window…

DSC_0034 DSC_0036 DSC_0039

Poor November born child!

Meanwhile Brinlee does this:

DSC_0042 DSC_0043 DSC_0044

Until Kaden joins her

DSC_0047 DSC_0048 DSC_0052

Then we bombard him when he comes out with comments like

“we got a sucker after our rest and we got a postcard from Halle.” you know so that he is nice and frustrated from the moment he gets home!

DSC_0060 DSC_0064

Then parker points us out to his teacher and after she locates me under a pile of toddlers, she releases him! then we head home and get ready to do it all again the next day!

DSC_0072  DSC_0073 DSC_0074

Even though it gets a little nuts, I am so grateful to be home with these monsters.  To share in all of the little things that make them happy through out the day- swinging or running or helping me with laundry.  I am so happy that I get to watch them grow. And I don’t want to forget any of it.

No comments: